The Crop Science Society of the Philippines is organized to promote human welfare through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge concerning the nature, utilization, improvement, and interrelationships of plants and their environment, and not the least of all, the people. The society seeks to
- promote basic and applied research on crops and other related sciences;
- foster high quality education in crop science;
- encourage professional advancement among its members;
- make current information available to workers in related fields and to the public; and
- cooperate with other organizations in the solution of problems encountered in crop production.
Thus, the Society holds a yearly scientific conference and publishes the Philippine Journal of Crop Science. All persons actively interested in any field of crop science are eligible for membership.